Sunday, January 10, 2010

Thing #19 Web 2.0 Awards

Going down the list of all the award winners, I found some that are familiar. Some that I actually have used: Flickr, Picasa, kayak, Facebook, Monster, ifoodTV, Craigslist etc..., some that sounds very interesting. I decided to bookmark this list for later reference.
The site that I choose to re-investigate is Rollyo. This time I was successful in making the desired search roll. Back in Thing#9, I was not able to create the search roll that I wanted: a grouping of sites that offers FREE knitting or crochet patterns. I actually bookmarked these sites on my laptop to save time every time I liked to look for a particular type of project. Now, my search roll will allow me to do a single search in all my favorite sites.
Here it is
http://www.rollyo.com/search.html?q=scarf&sid=598487

I've also used http://www.kayak.com/ to compare/book hotel accommodations last September for our Hong Kong trip and found the site very useful.

As for any applications for use in a library setting, I can see some that are actually used now: Mangoes, Google doc just to cite two examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment