Friday, October 30, 2009

#14 Discover Technorati and learn how tags work with blogs

how does a person get their blog listed as part of the blogosphere and how can you tag your posts with keywords to make them more findable through a Technorati search?

Doing the recommended exercises, I did a keyword search for “Learning 2.0” in Blog posts, in tags and in the Blog Directory. The first search yielded 1100 results, the second and third gave me an equivalent of an error message. Not wanting to give up I tried "Montgomery county" which yielded 62 results in both Blog posts and Tags. I then tried "23things" which gives 201 blogs in both places and they seem to be identical. I expected to find something with the 23things search since a lot of participants of this training have embedded the word in their blog name. If I am looking to find out more opinions on our training outside of MCPL this should be a good way to go about it.

As far as tagging my posts or my blog, I think I'll pass. When I am searching for something on the internet, the hits that irritate me most are random posts from nowhere blogs. I am counting my blog as one of those so tagging them will only irritate someone somewhere looking for more relevant information.

No comments:

Post a Comment