Monday, October 19, 2009

Things 11 Catalog my favorite books

Created an account on Librarythings.

http://www.librarything.com/home/sun2009c

to set up my true library of books read will take a long time, so I randomly put in about 20 books that I've read recently or otherwise.
The most fun part is trying to input some Chinese books that I like and found out that I can actually find some of them in the Hong Kong University library. I know Amazon.com carries Chinese books and may have some of the books that I've read but since the Chinese books that I like are not academic ones I did not think that HKU has them.
I'd like to suggest to some of our patrons to use LibraryThings to keep track of what they've read instead of asking us about books that they returned and are no longer in our records.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to exploring "librarything" when I continue my "Things2309". Thanks for the preview.

    ReplyDelete