Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Thing 7

Technology...
Back when I was in Hong Kong a week ago, video cameras are all the rage. You can find them in all styles and forms from ultra modern to very cute designs.
I was impressed by this new technology ( maybe not that new but only recently very affordable?) in a rather personal way.
My husband's aunt who lives in Hong Kong, is sick with cancer and no longer able to travel. Thanks to this technology she was able to visit daily with her fifteen month old grandson who lives across the ocean in California.
The little boy was so used to see his aunt through the video cam that when he comes to visit the family in Hong Kong, he automatically looks to their computer when he hears her voice greetings him personally.
Well then, I do not know a lot about this technology but I can see the good that it can provide for at least one family.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand. Not living near my family, technology really enables me to be a part of my family members' lives. Every monrning, my parents check the weather of each city where their kids live. My sister and I chat online and use VoIP. Everyone looks at each others' photos online.

    ReplyDelete